Director of People & Culture
- Work for an organization where the mission is inspiring, and your colleagues care deeply for the mission and the network of people carrying out that mission
- Play a key role in helping drive growth, influence impact, and advance efforts to create a more sustainable health care sector and community
- Be part of an inspirational global network
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, & Disability
- 401k Savings Plan & Paid Time Off
Health Care Without Harm is currently looking for a Director of People and Culture to join their growing team. As Director of People and Culture, you will lead and collaborate on all functions of the employee experience, including culture, DEI initiatives, recruiting, learning & development, performance management, wellness, benefits and compensation, and HR strategy & administration. The primary objective of this role is to focus on the development of an employee-oriented culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, key employee retention and development, and high performance, along with other important factors that’ll promote positivity and growth within the workforce.
- Collaborative Leadership – establish and track KPI’s and collaborate with other functions as a member of the Management Team to discuss HCWH’s goals and objectives
- Compliance & Confidentiality – ensure overall compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations, maintain employee handbook, protect confidential information
- Culture & Engagement – champion and bring to life HCWH’s values, mission and vision and develop other culture champions, design programs and policies that reflect the inclusive people-first culture, and be a key stakeholder in supporting the execution of efforts to increase diversity, equity, and inclusion awareness and action
- Employment Life Cycle – ensure inclusive recruiting and end-to-end employee experience and have oversight of the onboarding processes of new staff
- Wellness, Benefits & Compensation – strategize and make decisions with the Executive Leadership team and HRM on our overall benefits and wellness programs, conduct periodic pay surveys, and administer organization-wide benefit programs
- Growth & Development – create a culture of feedback, growth, learning, and development that employees want to invest their careers in, conduct organizational-wide gaps analysis to determine focus areas for staff-wide trainings, and directly supervises, manages, and provides coaching to relevant HR staff
- HR Administration – collaborate with other organizational leaders to participate in strategic planning and conduct work planning and budget planning to support the organizational and team goals, and have oversight of the HRIS system, while continually assessing its capabilities
- BA or BS in Human Resources, Business Management, or related field. Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education.
- 7 years of progressive experience in Human Resources position
- Personnel generalist experience providing thorough knowledge of employment laws, and other HR generalist topics
What’s a Plus:
- Certifications in PHR, SPHR, GPHR, SHRM-CP
- Collaborations on diversity, equity, & inclusion (DEI) initiatives
- Experience with organizational change and culture initiatives
- Human Resource experience in the non-profit sector and in a virtual organization
*Location - Health Care without Harm is a virtual organization and this role has the flexibility to be remote. However, if you are in the DC Metro area there will be occasional group gatherings at the Reston, VA office for you to attend.
**Schedule - The core working hours are from 10:00am - 3:00pm local time, Monday thru Friday. Heath Care without Harm requires full-time employees to work the core hours with the ability of the employee choosing when to work for the remainder of the day.
Health Care Without Harm (HCWH) seeks to transform health care worldwide so the sector reduces its environmental footprint and becomes a leader in the global movement for environmental health and justice. We believe health care, as the only sector with healing as its mission, has an opportunity – and obligation – to use its ethical, economic, and political influence to create an ecologically sustainable, equitable and healthy world. HCWH in the U.S. works to achieve its mission in collaboration with its sister organization, Practice Greenhealth (PGH), the leading nonprofit membership and network organization for sustainable health care that delivers environmental solutions to more than 1,400 members throughout the United States.
Health Care Without Harm and Practice Greenhealth are committed to cultivating and sustaining culturally and ethnically diverse organizations, and to the principles that promote inclusive practices. We believe that systems can only be transformed when a diversity of voices, perspectives, and lived experiences are a part of the movement for change. We are dedicated to building a diverse staff with expertise and interest in addressing systemic racism within our organization and to serve the mission of the organizations in respectful ways. Health Care Without Harm/Practice Greenhealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.